Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

It all started 5 years ago today...

5 years ago today, I went on my first date with the most amazing man. I never knew that a last minute date to midnight yell would put me where I am today.

I met Andrew about 2 weeks before he started his first semester at Texas A&M. We met and went on our seperate ways that night without ever exchanging numbers. I finished up summer school and left for vacation with my parents to the Bahamas...all while Andrew was just entering FOW week in the Corps.

It wasn't until the Friday before the first home game that he suddenly thought of me. See, his upperclassmen threatened the fish and that they all needed to bring dates to midnight. Sadly, I wasn't his first choice but he eventually called a mutual friend (Lindsay) to see if I would go with him. I guess you could say, I was his last resort??? :)  Thank you to the 2 girls that turned him down! I never spoke on the phone with him but just told Lindsay to tell him that if he could find me in the crowd, I would be his date! As luck would have it, HE FOUND ME! And the rest is history...just kidding!

Since then we have never looked back. Yes there was a FEW bumps in the road due to outside obligations...Corps. We worked through it and took life as it came We dealt with the curve balls that were thrown at us. LET ME TELL YOU, TEXAS A&M CORPS OF CADETS THROWS A LOT OF CURVE BALLS.

 Andrew proposed in the exact spot we stood that night for midnight yell. I remember spending New Years with him the year we met and telling him that night that I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. I can still look at him and see my entire future. He is and will always be the love of my life and I am so lucky to finally call him my husband. Andrew, thank you for sharing the rest of your life with me. I love you forever.








No comments:

Post a Comment